Family Doctors of Green Valley puts the focus on everyday wellness and the latest health news via their wellness articles. Let's make the Las Vegas area the healthiest in Nevada!
If you haven't already done so, like us on Facebook to receive more frequent weight loss tips and health news.
Longevity and quality of life is the elusive goal all of us aspire to attain, but what do we have to do to achieve this long life? Here are some tips….
- Become a woman! As funny as this seems, 85 percent of centenarians (people who live to a 100) are women, and of those who live past 110, 90 percent are women.
- Lose weight! Very few centenarians are obese. Join our Weight Loss Program and enjoy long life with your weight loss.
- Stop smoking.
- Stop drinking or minimize alcohol.
- Develop skills at handling stress and brushing of the small stuff rather than dwelling on them. (It's all small stuff anyways!)
- Centenarians are more emotionally stable, outgoing, and active in their communities.
- Get married! It actually ups your chances of hitting 100!
- What about Genetics? Research suggests that lifestyle choices account for about 75 to 80 percent of longevity with genetics being responsible for the rest.
- Maintain good cholesterol, raise your good guys and lower your bad guys.
- Maintain normal or low blood pressure, and lower resting heart rates
Family Doctors of Green Valley will can help you lose weight, assess your vital signs and cholesterol levels, and help you achieve your goals of health, happiness, and a long life! Contact us today!